Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shrimp Scampi & Sauteed Broccoli

My hubby showed up unexpectedly for lunch yesterday, so I had to quickly whip him up something to eat.  I had peeled some shrimp the day before, so I threw together my version of shrimp scampi:


I threw a stick of butter into a big 12 inch skillet.  Then I minced in two cloves of garlic with my beloved garlic press (and while I was dirtying the thing up, I minced a couple of extra cloves to mix with honey and apple cider vinegar to try to attack this nasty sinus infection that is plaguing me). 

When the butter was completely melted and garlic a bit sauteed, I splashed in some lemon juice and worcestershire sauce. 

Then I spread my shrimp (about a pound, maybe a little more) out in the butter and sprinkled some Tony's Creole Seasoning all over it.  You can use salt & pepper, if you're a wimp.  ☺

My beloved showed up at that point and tried to stir it, but I bit his head off and admonished him not to touch the beauties until they had fully cooked on one side.  This does not take long at ALL, and I can't stand overcooked shrimp.  I left them on that side for 2 minutes tops, then flipped them and minced some fresh parsley all over them with my beloved Cutco kitchen shears.  My interfering husband added more Tony's.

I put the shrimp into some cute little dishes and threw some frozen broccoli florets into the buttery goodness:


I wish I'd had more broccoli, but everyone agreed that this was super yummo.  Even my picky kids who don't usually touch broccoli liked it (after I pulled the "Close your eyes, open your mouth, and I'll give you one more piece of shrimp" trick).  My kidlets were already feasting on peanut butter & jelly when The Beloved arrived, but you can bet they were nipping at our ankles the whole time we were feasting on those prawns.

No comments:

Post a Comment