Wednesday, March 24, 2010

God Bless the Library

One of the biggest assets to a homeschooling family is the LIBRARY!

I actually don't like hauling five kidlets to the library all that often, but that makes them love it all the more.  Ours has an awesome little kiddie library with toys, games, a Thomas the Tank Engine table, weekly story hour/craft time/snacks, etc.  Sometimes we get to go see Ronald McDonald or puppet shows or other neato stuff. 



My library has an awesome website; and I am forever using it to see if they have books that I am interested in (from perusing online), to check the activity calendar, and to check my account/renew books.  I declare ~ that site has saved me a ton in overdue book fees!  I don't know how many times I've checked my account and said, "Oh my goodness!  I have 37 books due tomorrow!"  CLICK.  Thank you.  $3.70 saved.

A great thing about homeschooling is that you can go to the library during school hours when all the other kidlets are in public school, and your kids can totally rule and reign over the place.  I have even been known to let mine loose at the Thomas table while I sink into a plush chair with a book and a little suckling latched to the front of me.



My other "favorite thing" about the library is that, when my boys are bouncing-off-the-walls-driving-me-insane-full-of-energy (which is typically right about the time hubby is due home from work), I can put down my spatula and butcher knife and holler, "KIDS!  Sit your rear ends on that couch RIGHT NOW and BE QUIET!  Michael, go get the library bag and read to your brothers!!!" 

The library is such a wonderful, wholesome place for families.  ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment