Friday, March 19, 2010

Girls Night Out!

My hubby & 7 year old son headed out to a Men 4 Christ retreat this afternoon, and the "little boys" spent the night at Granny & Papa's to soothe their spirits after getting left behind... so I have just had two little ones to care for since 2:30 p.m.!

I've been thinking about (and laughing about!) how I used to be so flustered and frazzled at having to care for TWO children all the time, scarcely two years apart.  Today I've been enjoying my 1 year old and 2 year old and hauling them all over town, thinking it was so much easier than taking five kidlets on errands with me!  ☺

We went to the big feed & seed store and just looked at plants, garden stuff, etc.  Then we went to WalMart to actually buy garden stuff (it was much cheaper there), along with soccer pants for the boys, a few groceries, and some other odds & ends that keep getting shoved to the bottom of the list.

Then we came home and took a late afternoon nap ~ all 3 of us!  (Well, I didn't go to sleep, but I did lie down with the 2 year old for a while and rest.)  Then we ordered expensive take-outs with a B1G1Free Ruby Tuesday coupon.  We got Ruby Tue Go ~ Chicken Florentine and Chicken Bella.  YUM!  We ate at home and saved one of the entrees for hubby tomorrow (although we totally scarfed all the yummy mashed potatoes, broccoli, and snow peas), and then... THEN... we loaded everyone *back* into car seats and went to Dairy Queen for an Oreo Brownie Earthquake!!!  My husband will never believe my frivolity (and willingness to haul two babies back and forth to town that many times)!

It was so fun... but I'm really glad my little dates had a 7:30 bedtime.  ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment