Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Neat Post About Toilet Paper Prices

I hate buying toilet paper!  I just got out a new roll this afternoon (noting that there is now only one remaining roll in that package, which it seems like I *just* bought) and thought, "Ugh ~ we used up that 'huge' pack quickly!"

Well, lo and behold, I just read the neatest post at Deal Seeking Mom about toilet paper stock up prices.  What a great tip:



Look at the front bottom of the toilet paper package to determine the total square feet. Now insert a decimal point in this number two places to the left. If the cost of the package minus coupons is less than or equal to this figure, it's a decent deal -- basically $0.01 or less per square foot!
Example:
TP #1 = 400 sq. ft.; price = $6; stock-up price $4, so not a fabulous deal....
TP #2 = 650 sq. ft.; price = $5; stock-up price $6.50, so definitely a bargain!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great way to figure it. Now if only I can remember when I go grocery shopping!

    ReplyDelete